Walk to raise suicide prevention awareness
The deadline is noon Friday to register for the Out of the Darkness Community Walk, scheduled to start at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Hopkins Park Shelter, 1403 Sycamore Road, DeKalb.
Check-in time is from noon to 1 p.m., and the event goes until 2 p.m. Anyone who would like to participate can register at the walk. Walk donations will be accepted until Dec. 31.
Participants will join thousands of other walkers nationwide to raise money for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s vital research and education programs to prevent suicide and save lives, increase national awareness about depression and suicide, and provide support for survivors of suicide loss.
For information or to register, contact the DeKalb County Walk Committee at 630-956-4090, email Illinois@AFSP.org, or visit www.AFSPIL.org or www.DeKalbCoWalk.org. Also find the Illinois Chapter on Twitter and Facebook.
More Events News
- Egyptian hosts 20th annual ‘Nutcracker’ production
- Valley West auxiliary plans bake sale, bazaar
- Superheroes for Dylan benefit on Friday
- STEM Café to explain mysterious Higgs boson
- DAWC Shopping fair features new and returning vendors