Bake sale benefits heart patients
A bake sale fundraiser to benefit cardiopulmonary patients will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday in the Roberts Conference Room on the lower level at Kishwaukee Hospital.
This is a culinary event with an exotic twist. In addition to the usual fare, “nosh” European-style treats will be featured. These will include kolacky, krumkaka, rosettes, linzer cookies and other delicacies to supplement the standard chocolate chip cookies and brownies.
The purpose of the fundraiser is to provide scholarships for patients who can’t afford the monthly fee for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
The rehab, one of only three in the United States, provides exercise and medical staff for patients with cardiac and pulmonary conditions. An exercise program written specifically for the patient is created by medical professionals to strengthen muscles and prolong life.
Monies raised by similar events between 2006 and 2013 totaled $13,179.
More Lifestyle News
- How Does Your Garden Grow? Pretty poppies
- Michael Jackson's hometown to name school for him
- 'Sinister Six' spinoff to come next for Spider-Man
- Fans start lining up as Comic-Con floor opens
- Former Sycamore resident shooting film in Genoa, Malta