Jazz in Progress to play in Hopkins Park
Music lovers who visit the Hopkins Park band shell Aug. 27 can discover Jazz in Progress – that’s not just their name, it’s what they do.
Founded by local musician Aaron “Pick a Reed” Butler in 2012, Jazz in Progress is a nonprofit community jazz band with a lot of heart – and even some soul.
“We’re a diverse group, from high school to old school,” director Dave “The Tuner” Lehman said in a news release. “We play for fun and for the chance to give back to the community. Every member shares the same love of music, and it really shows on stage.”
Jazz in Progress will play at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 27 at the band shell in Hopkins Park in DeKalb.
More Concerts News
- American English bringing The Beatles to Corn Fest
- DeKalb band wraps up summer concert season
- Municipal band welcomes new soloist
- Next DeKalb Municipal Band concert is for the children
- Harold and Cecelia Kafer return to NIU